Monday, October 3, 2011

The "Other" Me

1 Corinthians 15:33
Do not be misled:
"Bad company corrupts good character.”


     Truth be told, the Mrs.  Mocha who exist now, is for all intents and purposes...a "new" Mrs. Mocha. As I have stated in other posts, the Lord really did remake me about six years ago. And I am so glad He did. Although, I was very used to the old me, and familiar with the old me, I can honestly say that I didn't like the old me very much. Some of that had to do with self-esteem issues on my part. Some of it had to do with the fact that I used to be angry, mad, sad, confrontational, attitudinal, quick-tempered and judgmental.

     As a person who has had an very real encounter with Jesus, I was changed. And I like the new me. I like being happy, and celebrating others. I like being pleasant, and compassionate. I like giving compliments and smiles. I just enjoy being positive and upbeat. I enjoy loving on people, and supporting them. However, I am very much aware, that deep down inside of me...the "old" Mrs. Mocha still exist. And even though I like the "new" me better, there are some character traits from "old" me that not only come in handy from time to time, but are necessary, when people who haven't met Jesus...start to act a little too foolishly for "new" Mrs. Mocha to overlook. Do you know what I'm saying??

     Back on August 30th, I made a post called, "I've Got A Secret." it spoke about the fact that I unwittingly stumbled upon the fact that a good girl friend's boyfriend was cheating on her. Ever since then, it's been one dramatic episode after another.

      Now, I'm not the type of person who wants to know other people's business. Sometimes, I secretly wonder if I'm apathetic, because I am soooo disinterested in what's going on in the personal lives of others. I mean, I just feel like I've got my own stuff to deal with, so what time do I really have to be wading around in your stuff? So, please believe me when I say, that I never intended to be the one to go running to my friend with evidence I had "gathered" against her boyfriend. It was actually a mutual friend, who brought it up. Still, I got left holding the bag, because I (semi-innocently) said to the guy (in font of group of people, which (un-beknownst to me) included 'the other woman') that I hoped he showed my girl friend a really good time on her birthday, because she deserved it.

     The guy involved in all of this totally cursed me out, to the point that the Hubby was ready to kick a$$ and my hubby is an EXTREMELY peaceable person. "The other woman" has called me, as well as sent me, not one, but two, emails about the situation (yes, I know her. We ALL went to high school together, and apparently are still in high school,based on the way this situation is going). And my friend is TOTALLY  blaming the fact that her relationship blew up, on me. 

     But what I have discovered in all of this, is that all of the times that my friend was telling me about her "wonderful" relationship, she knew there was another female all along. She knew she was "sharing" this guy all along. She and the "other woman" had been having heated arguments over this guy for the last six to seven months.

     At this point, I don't even know how to feel about my friend. I mean, I totally couldn't care less if she's open to being in a relationship with a guy who has a "main" woman. That's her business. I don't judge her on that front. But I really don't appreciate the fact that she has been LYING to me ALL ALONG. And that her LIES, are what caused me to be involved in this mayhem in the first place. If I had known that she was the "side piece", I would have acted accordingly. And never would've said anything to the guy at all!!!!! But here I was thinking she was the "only." - I don't know which is the bigger slap in the face: the fact that she's been  lying to me all along or the fact that she's blaming me for the blow-up, when she's known all along that her relationship was on fire.

     It's all so SUPER dramatic!!!! My friend is barely speaking to me (as I said, she's blaming me for the relationship blowing up), the guy has said that he feels he was COMPLETELY justified in cursing me out, and the 'other woman' seems as if she's trying to convince me that my friend is delusional (at best) and/or a hysterical stalker (at worse). She's so brazen, that she's actually attempted to recruit me to "talk" to my friend about her "irrational" behavior. - Yeah, that's gonna happen.

     The "other" me, is about five seconds from coming out and either verbally or physically abusing everyone involved.

     The "new" me, is just praying. And praying. And praying.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally with you - TOO MUCH drama! Haha! It seems like some people tend to find drama wherever they look!

    ReplyDelete