Monday, October 10, 2011

K2.0 and Other Blessings

Isaiah 66:7
Before she was in labor, she gave birth;
Before her pain came, She delivered a male child.


     Today is K2.0's 1st birthday. I'm excited, awed, and blown-away by that  fact. It doesn't seem like it's been a year since I was holding my son for the first time. In just blink of an eye, he's grown so much.

     We had his birthday party on Saturday. It was such a nice event. And so different from K's 1st birthday party. She had a clown (which was less than a "hit", since most of the children including K were scared of the clown), and a ton of guest. Our house was filled to the brim with small children and their parents. K2.0's even was a very laid-back affair. I actually only invited family. The hubby, myself, K, K2.0, my mom, her husband & his mother, my grandmother, and aunt were the only attendees, but it was all right. I wanted him to have a calm day, with people who love him and only wanted to shower him with love and good wishes. Mission accomplished.

     We talked, ate, sang "happy birthday", watched K2.0 demolish a piece of his birthday cake, then proceeded to choke off of it. We laughed, remembered, recalled, hugged, marveled at his capabilities and had a good time. Even K congratulated me on "throwing" a really good party.

     I have already resigned myself to the fact that this will probably be the last "low-key" birthday party for a few years...and that's cool, too. But I will look back on this one with fondness and love. My family came together and had a good time all in the name of a little boy called "K2.0."

No comments:

Post a Comment