Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I've Got a Secret

Ecclesiastes 12:14

For God will bring every work into judgment,
including every secret thing,
whether good or evil.

So, today it seems that I have accidentally, unwittingly, and sadly stumbled on to some pretty conclusive evidence that one of my VERY best friend's significant other is cheating on her.

I'm simply devastated and heart-broken about this. This is a person that I've been friends with since 1984. We have had usp and some serious downs, but we're friends through thick and thin. We were college roommates. She stood up in my wedding, and my daughter calls her, "Auntie." I have been in her corner as she dated losers, chumps, dead-beats, rapscallions, buttholes, womanizers, a guy that I still think was gay , liars, jokers and jerks. Finally. Finally, I thought she had met a good guy. A GREAT guy. I often spoke of how "nice" he was. How "caring" he was. What a "prince" he was. He seemed to be exactly what she deserved after enduring all of the lames and idiots she had endured.

When she told me that they were ttc, I was excited! I thought it was fantastic that she was planning on making a life with him.

Now, I feel like I've been doused with cold water. I feel like somebody pulled the rug out from under me. I am so hurt. I've been duped. My best (girl) friend has been duped and deceived.

No comments:

Post a Comment