Monday, August 15, 2011

Day after day. Month after Month.

II Peter 3: 8 ~
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends:
with the Lord a day is like a thousand years,
and a thousand years are like a day.

Why is it that when we're waiting for something, it seems like it takes forever? This time last year, I was about 7 months pregnant with my son. Since I was still suffering from "morning" sickness, I definitely looked forward to the rising of the sun each morning. It signified that I was one day closer to giving birth. I won't say that my days dragged on, they didn't. But they certainly didn't "fly" by. It was what it was.

But I feel like since I've been trying to conceive again, the months are going by in the blink of an eye. Every time I look up, I feel like I have started my cycle, and another month is out of the window, with no pregnancy to show for it. Soon, I will be another year older. Soon, the statistics will decrease in percentage points about the likeliness of me conceiving again. But God!

Even though everything around me would discourage me from continuing to try, the reduced number of "good" eggs I supposedly have left, the increased likelihood of conceiving a baby with Downs Syndrome, and such, I know that I don't have to put my faith or hope in what the medical community has to say about the subject. I know that my hope rests firmly in the Lord. And I know with the Lord, that my eggs can do whatever He says they can do. I know that my body is at His command, and not the command of the statistics. I know that if it's in His perfect will, months may come and go, but I will be pregnant.

Before I know it...I will be pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment