Monday, November 21, 2011

38 Days of Worship ~ Answered Prayer

     There are 452 scriptures in the King James Version of the bible that contain the phrase, "it came to pass." I love that phrase. To me, it speaks of something happening, then time passing, then something else happening that has relevance to the first thing. It makes me think that just because some time passed, doesn't mean that God forgot about the first thing. He just put it on the back-burner for a while.

     It reminds me of answered prayer. Like how you can pray for something, life goes on, then one day you look up and God has answered your prayer.

     As I held a sleeping K2.0 today, I was thinking. There is NO WAY on earth that I could list, or recall every prayer that God has answered in my life. I don't even know that numbers can go up that high. But I was trying to recount how many "dreams come true" that I've experienced.

     Getting into my first choice high school was a dream come true. Getting into my first choice college was a dream come true. Some of the jobs that I've been hired for have been dreams come true. Some of the guys I've dated have been dreams come true. Getting pregnant with K was a dream come true. The fact that she was a girl was a dream come true. Having my first book published was a dream come true. Getting pregnant with K2.0 was a dream come true. Having him be healthy, in spite of was a dream come true.

     I've experienced so many "dreams come true" in my life. As I think about them, my heart threatens to burst with love, adoration and gratitude for the God I serve. How good He's been to me, even when I was undeserving and happy living in my sin. How He rained blessings on me when I was unworthy. I'm just so thankful for every "dream come true." I'm just so grateful that God has created me to be a person who recognizes the goodness in my life, and appreciates it.

     Thank you , Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment